Terms Of Sale
Any person removing property or causing damage to any auction vehicle will be arrested and Prosecuted
- Under the provisions of Civil Code Section 3072: All vehicles and their contents will be sold "AS IS" today and all sales are final. Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., may state the year and model of the vehicles, however, it is the responsibility of the buyer to ascertain by his own means the correctness of the vehicle year and model prior to bidding.
- The buyer must register the vehicle with the Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days after purchasing it. The buyer assumes full responsibility for compliance with the D.M.V. for transfer of ownership.
Vehicles may only be sold to a buyer 18 years of age or older in possession of a valid identification.
Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., reserves the right to require payment in full at time of purchase.
Vehicles must be paid for immediately after each vehicle is auctioned.
All sales are CASH ONLY. Vehicles must be paid for immediately after each vehicle is auctioned.
No Checks or credit cards will be accepted. Cashiers checks or travelers checks made payable to Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., will be accepted. If the highest bidder does not have the total amount bid, then the back up bidder shall have the option of purchasing the vehicle for his/her bid or request that the vehicle be re-auctioned. Anytime during the bidding, you have the right to challenge a bidder to verify that the bidder has the cash.
Vehicles sold under Civil Code Section 3072 have been appraised at $4000.00 or less. Should the bid exceed $4000.00 those vehicles will be taken off the auction and reliened through the Department of Motor Vehicles to be sold at a later date under Civil Code Section 3071.
Vehicles are to be removed from the lot immediately after the auction has been completed. However, all license plate(s), will be removed and destroyed prior to the Vehicle leaving the lot. In addition, before the vehicle is removed, the buyer must come to the office and provide us with the name, address, and telephone number of the person to whom the vehicle is to be registered. The person to whom the vehicle will be registered to must be present at the time and in possession of picture identification.
Prior to registering the vehicle with the D.M.V. do not drive or park the vehicle on a public street. Some of these vehicles were impounded for excessive parking violations and expired registration. They can be impounded again if the D.M.V. records still show the registration expired or unpaid citations.
If the vehicle you purchase is not driveable or appears not driveable, and/or if it has expired registration or unpaid parking citations, your vehicle can be impounded once again by the Los Angeles Police Department of Department of Transportation. Furthermore, it is illegal to work on a disabled vehicle on the city streets. The buyer understands no work may be performed on an inoperable vehicle and no inoperable vehicle may be left on the street. Upon completion of the auction, the vehicle will be parked legally on the street. It is the buyers responsibility to immediately remove the vehicle.
Buyer is responsible for all registration fees, including taxes and penalties for past due registration. The buyer, however, is not responsible for any parking citations issued prior to the purchase of said vehicle.
Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., does not guarantee the validity of the expiration date of the license, whether it is displayed on the vehicle or conveyed to us by the Department of Motor Vehicles printout.
Vehicles that do not comply with the California Smog Certification may be subject to a $300.00 Department of Motor Vehicle surcharge. The auctioneer will advise you of these vehicles.
- Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., reserves the right to accept bids in any increment they feel is in the best interest of the sale.
- All Vehicles sold at auction are subject to City of Los Angeles 10% parking Occupancy Tax. Los Angeles city Ordinance #165949 effective August 1, 1990
All Smog-related repairs are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
The Auctioneer and Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., do not accept responsibility for failure to any vehicle or equipment sold or failure to meet the safety standards on classifications of equipment by the Department of Labor, Safety and Health regulations, CAL OSHA, or the Environmental Protection Agencies. It is the express responsibility of the buyer to determine what safety equipment must be in service on any machinery purchased and to comply with those regulatory requirements prior to using any vehicles purchased
- Auctioneer and Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., do not in any way guarantee the odometer reading to be actual true or correct. All vehicles sold through sale are sold "TRUE MILEAGE UNKOWN."
- Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., reserves the right to bid on any vehicle. Any representative or employee of Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., bidding on vehicles will be introduced prior to the sale commencing
- In the even that Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., is required by the Courts, the State, the Department of Motor Vehicles, Law Enforcement Agencies or City Department to redeem any vehicle purchased at the auction, then Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., shall refund to the purchaser only the amount which the purchaser paid to Hollywood Tow Service, Inc. Any funds which the purchaser expends on such redeemed vehicle which are in excess of the purchase price paid to Hollywood Tow Service, Inc., shall be the sole responsibility of the purchaser of the vehicle.
TERMS OF SALE FOR VEHICLES APPRAISED OVER $4,000.00 PER CIVIL CODE SECTION 3071.
Although vehicles must be paid for in full at the time of purchase, there is a 10 day redemption period in which the vehicle must remain at Hollywood Tow Service, Inc. During these 10 days, the legal owner may redeem the vehicle for the amount of the sale, plus 12% interest per annum. If the vehicle is redeemed, the money paid for the vehicle plus 12% interest per annum will be refunded back to the buyer. If the legal or registered owner does not redeem the vehicle within 10 days, then the D.M.V. lien sale documents will be completed and delivered to the buyer at 10:00 am on the 10th day following the date of sale.